Since it’s been over two years since I last posted, I figured it was about time to attempt resurrecting this blog. It’ll be taking a different form, rather less planner-centric and more about anything and everything.
Here’s what happened in my life in 2015…
- Basically got promoted to a supervisory position, and several months later received a raise for it!
- Took the lead on interviewing and hiring a new employee, whom I directly supervise.
- Attended two professional conferences on my own, one out of state.
- Coordinated a massive, challenging project at work, and watched as it was executed by the entire team so smoothly and much faster than I anticipated.
- Ran my first 5k.
- Drove both ways to a work meeting 30+ minutes away. Since I used to be terrified of driving on the highway, this is huge.
- Started individual counseling.
- Was diagnosed with a major depressive episode by my counselor.
- Went to see a psychiatrist and was prescribed medication.
- Started taking the medication and realized I’ve been living in a fog for most of my life.
- Experienced a worsening of depression, went back to the psychiatrist, had my med dose changed, and started feeling better again.
- Traveled to California for my grandfather’s memorial service, to Galveston for my best friend’s girls weekend, and to the Austin area twice and the Waco area once to spend time with my in-laws.
- Celebrated our fifth anniversary and my husband’s 25th birthday.
- Watched my preschooler get ever more articulate, opinionated, and individual.
- Spent many, many wonderful hours with various close friends, at home, in their homes, going out places… I’m so thankful for my People.
- Purchased a Halloween costume for the first time in my life, and wore it to a bar with friends!
- Watched various family members perform in musicals at the local community theatre!
- Prepared to watch my best friend get married!
It’s been an eventful year, to say the least, and a good one.