Once I found out that I was able to buy that imperial purple Finchley after all, I immediately set out trying to figure out what I would do with TWO binders! I scoured the Internet for brilliant ideas, and filled up an entire sheet with notes and ideas. Here’s some of what I found:
- Caribbean Princess has a “happiness project” Filofax
- Kanalt at Well Planned Life also has a happiness binder.
- Well Planned Life had a “Me” binder at one point.
- Several people have knitting binders, including Well-Planned Life.
- Nellie had a Book-o-Fax, as does Shazza Stitching.
- Well Planned Life thought of creating a Reference/Info binder, with information on books, movies, etc.
- Several people have used Filofaxes to help them direct their studies.
- Several people use pocket or mini Filofaxes as a wallet, including me.
- Household binders are frequently used – their usual form is a 3 ring binder, but some use Filofaxes.
I also came up with two ideas of my own – a personal study binder and a Bible binder.
I love to read and study things on my own. Recently, I’ve been wanting to do that in a more structured way, so that I can look back on it and know what I studied. I also want to do it more intentionally. So I thought I could have a personal study binder. I would have a planning section, with what I want to study and when I would like to study it, and then I would have sections with notes on what I learn. I might even blog about some of it, or just write about it for myself. I could do the sections topically or just A-Z. This would end up being partly a book-o-fax as well, since so much of my personal studying consists of reading!
I also read the Bible frequently, and so I thought I could devote a binder to that. It would have sections for Bible reading plans and recording what I’d read, Old Testament notes, New Testament notes, debates and theology notes/info, prayers (personal and from books), and journaling.
My next post will be about what I actually decided to do with my two binders!
So, what did I miss? What blog posts did Google not tell me about? What do you put in your Filofaxes?